Enter your e-mail address below to receive occasional e-mail’s concerning special events, programs and offers from Maranatha.
OPPORTUNITY PROFILE for the position of Executive Director
Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference
Click HERE to download this in a PDF format.
Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference is seeking a mature follower of Jesus, fully in accord with MBMC’s mission, vision, core values and statements of belief, who exhibits strong moral character and integrity, to take on the role of Executive Director.
Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference is located on 88 beautiful wooded, lakefront acres on the shores of Lake Michigan in Muskegon, Michigan. Founded in 1936, Maranatha has been dedicated to solid Bible teaching and highlighting world missions since its beginning.
· Our Mission - To provide spiritual renewal in a recreational setting emphasizing Bible teaching and worldwide missions.
· Our Vision – To provide encouragement toward a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. Our programming, recreation, and year-round conference facilities aim to renew and equip our guests and resident community toward a greater service of Him.
· Our Core Values -
ü Bible Teaching
ü The Family
ü Ministry to Guests, Members and Staff
ü Wholesome Recreational Facilities
ü Resident Membership, Housing and Participation
ü Guest Lodging & Program Ministry
ü Music and Worship
ü Organizational Integrity / Stewardship
· Our Purpose
Maranatha is a conservative, evangelical conference center and resident community where guests and residents "Vacation-with-a-Purpose." We seek to provide programs that clearly present the Bible as God's Word, offer people the opportunity to receive Christ, encourage spiritual growth and challenge them to live consistent, godly lives of service wherever He places them.
· We Believe
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of His Father and in His personal return in power and glory. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Executive Director will be expected to assume the following roles:
- Supporter the Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, Core Values and implementer of policies set forth by the Board of Directors.*
- Executive leader responsible for directing the health and vitality of the organization and its staff.
- Visionary to engage strategic plans, and implementation of the goals and director on the Maranatha Board.
- Community leader to build understanding of the nature and function of the organization instilling support and confidence.
- Hirer and coordinator of supervision of all staff.
*The Executive Director shall be neither independent of Board accountability, nor dependent upon Board supervision; but shall exercise a high level of independent judgment and initiative.
· Specific Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
1. Direct the ministry of MBMC in areas of conference programming and responsibility delegation, while creating a model of creativity and motivation in leadership that will inspire and build up others.
2. Supervise and coordinate all activities of the staff as they serve guests and residents, and strive to inculcate a sense of worth, value, and enthusiasm in support of all Maranatha goals.
3. Serve as Ambassador of the Maranatha constituency through travel to the interests of MBMC, promoting a spiritual message of the Gospel and mission service.
4. Pursue church relations through programs which develop and maintain an ever-widening circle constituency that builds community to Maranatha’s ministry.
5. Support fund-raising efforts for new and existing needs as the result of continuous evaluation of goals and objectives.
6. Participate in the strategic planning of both program and facility developments, working in direct consultation with the MBMC Board of Directors.
7. Exhibit visibility and accessibility to members of the staff and constituents.
8. Maintain and improve good relations with resident owners, conferees, and the Maranatha community-at-large while building the support and confidence in the ministry efforts of MBMC.
9. Prepare and submit a report to and attend all meetings of the Board of Directors, regularly communicate with Board members between meetings.
10. Provide executive leadership of the entire organization through management of the operations, finance, programming, stewardship, and public relations of the ministry.
11. Function as the primary staff executive and implementer of Board actions and policies.
12. Prepare and submit, in partnership with staff and Finance Committee, an annual budget to the Board for approval.
· Key Leadership And Management Responsibilities:
1. Schedule all summer speakers, mission organizations, and artists for the annual summer programs within the guidelines and budget as approved by the Board of Directors.
2. Demonstrate excellent stage skills.
3. Manage a platform ministry and staff for the summer programs
4. Serve in the role of point person for the summer speakers, mission organization, and guest artist, and communicate the expectations for the programming during their stay at Maranatha.
5. Provide leadership in program development and implementation of a Christ-centered, educational summer experience, and staffing for children, youth and adult programming.
6. Serve as Maranatha’s Host to summer guests and residents and have a presence at meals and events scheduled during the summer conference season.
7. Develop and grow the tri-season ministry, including retreats and events which increase the use of conference facilities throughout the year.
8. Promote Maranatha to individuals, churches and other Christian organizations through the use of various media available.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience and Education of the Executive Director:
1. He shall demonstrate a clear testimony of a personal salvation experience and evidence of an ongoing, active, and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. He shall have access to and ability to recruit nationally recognized speakers, mission organizations and artists.
3. He shall have completed a four-year degree/college education and preferably at least five (5) years of management in a Bible-based conference organization or similar faith-based mission organization.
· Special Qualifications:
The Executive Director of Maranatha Bible and Missionary Conference Center should possess skills in the following areas:
1. Spiritual, educational, and executive experience necessary to provide leadership of an evangelical Christian, non-profit corporation.
2. Knowledge and experience in conference ministry programs.
3. Public and personal skills in speaking, teaching, fund raising, public relations, and programming.
The Executive Director must possess business skills consistent with the general requirements of a Chief Executive Officer.
The Executive Director should possess vision and outlook sufficient to effect national and international expansion of the Gospel through missions and the programming influence of MBMC.
The directorship of Maranatha offers a unique opportunity to serve in a thriving, forward-thinking ministry that has celebrated a rich heritage of 75 years and is earnestly seeking to follow God’s leading for the future. The individual that effectively leads Maranatha will be led by the Spirit of God to launch a vision and, potentially, new arms of ministry, for the years to come while maintaining the missionary and Bible emphasis that serves as Maranatha’s banner of ministry and outreach.
Please click the following e-mail address to contact the Search Committee directly: